Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Total Reorganization

(found this old coke bottle box in Mount Dora's Renniger's Antique Mall...love that it holds all my mini albums and art journals...the wooden spools were my mom's that she gave to me.)
(I found the white dress form at Joanne's as well as the pink heart bowl, which is filled with one of my favorite rubber alphabet stamps.)
(the antique bowl on the bottom middle shelf holds antique blocks that spell dream. design. create. ...found that bowl in Mount Dora as well.)I was fed up with my studio not being what I wanted. My space is a very small (6x9') room but I love it and wanted it to be more functional. I wanted to be able to scrap in my room rather than pull all my stuff out into the dining room. Two Sunday's ago, one of the girls at my LSS told me that the scrapbook organizational cubes at Michael's were half off. I went down that Tuesday and spent all last week cleaning, purging, reorganizing... I placed my two antique library card drawers on the floor and stacked my new system on top. I even repurposed a desk in Brody's room, brought it in here and gave one of my rolling carts to Sean for the garage. I have scrapbooked in there the last two days and it feels great. I just love it! TFL
dream.design.create.
nikki

5 comments:

Cathy said...

this looks great!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are having fun! I need another challenge to scrapbook!

cheers!
amanda

Angie said...

Your space looks great! Glad you are happy with it!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you have your own space...no more dragging it into the kitchen...i love all of your finds!
candie

Anonymous said...

Hey Nik your "little" room doesn't seem so little any more. Great job!!!

Love elle