Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Inspiration Board

Inspiration Board
“Hardware meets Home Décor”
By: Nikki Cleary

How many times have you pulled pictures out of magazines for inspiration and then not known what to do with them? Before you start your next crafting project or scrapbook layout get yourself organized with an inspiration board. It will change the way you craft. Over the course of the next four weeks we will be creating an inspiration board, decorating it to match your home décor and then learning how to functionally use it.

Besides the inspiration board being functional, you will be able to decorate your home or craft room with it (I have one in my main hallway of my house AND one in my studio!!), you’ll be directed to gather supplies for your next project, and you’ll be able to draw inspiration from the ideas posted on your board.

During the next four weeks I will be sending you on FUN “field trips” to your local hardware store for some magnetic sheet metal and some inexpensive tools. Then off to an antique/consignment store or your garage/basement (that is where I found mine) to pick out a frame that you want to hang in your home. Don’t worry if you can’t find a frame that perfectly suits you. We will discuss ways to alter the frame through paint techniques, decoupage etc. Lastly, we’ll explore ways of making the board functional for your crafting projects or using it as a creative way to display your latest layouts, cards, favorite photos etc.

Besides the cost of the class and a few supplies you may have to purchase (make sure you raid your husband’s tool box!), you should be able to use your own stash of scrappin/crafting supplies to make your inspiration board.

Note: Making this project is highly addictive! Once you make one for yourself you will want to make more for your friends and family as well.
If this sounds like fun, come on over to www.mycreativeclassroom.com and sign up for this class that I will be teaching in February!
dream.design.create.
nikki

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! sounds so enticing! Karen

Moments In Time said...

Darn it I just finished making one for my scrap studio. It took me about a month but I got it together.

Moments In Time said...

Darn it I just finished making one for my scrap studio. It took me about a month but I got it together.

Anonymous said...

Well...... since it is so addicting that you want to make some for your friends and family...... where's mine? :) Hee Hee!!

Amy

Anonymous said...

you can do mine when you're finished with Amy's...no rush {wink}
candie

Anonymous said...

Seriously, YOU GO GIRL!
cheers.