Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Treasure Hunting...

...oh my gosh did we have fun yesterday!
Kim, her mom Dorothy, Amanda, Brody and me went treasure hunting. We had high hopes to hitting 9 stores, but only got to seven. We left Sarasota at 8:30 yesterday morning and headed north to Brandon, then to Lakeland (which had a really cool store-Violettes), north west to Lutz, then back east to Zepherhills, north to Spring Hill, then started our trek south to Palm Harbor (Ruban Rouge- which is a huge store with lots of yummy stuff), and then our last stop was one of the Tampa stores. We wanted to get to the Clearwater and Largo stores but we ran out of time. As it was, we didn't get back to Nokomis till 7:30 pm. We were exhausted but boy did we have a good time.
On Saturday (after I finished running the Gasparilla 15K) I was able to get to the Scrapbook Shoppe in Tampa (the store that headed up this Treasure Hunt), Whim-so-Doodle in St Pete, the South Pasadena store, ScrapHappy in Bradenton and then of course my favorite and local store K2.
Tomorrow I am going back up to the Clearwater and Largo stores, and then I will be done!
I have to be honest. I did not want to do this hunt at first. Kim talked me into it and I am so glad she did. I have had so much fun this past week.
If you did not treasure hunt this year, you will HAVE to do it next year.

2 comments:

Kim Bolyard said...

I am so glad you did...yesterday was great. It was a lot of fun and I have some great photos to share. I will get you copies for Friday night. I will be heading back up on Friday with my Mom to finish up. I will see you Friday night.
peace
Kim

mama j said...

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnning just reading about ya'lls adventure! WOW! Can't wait to catch up w/ everyone on Friday night! and just to SEE everyone!!!