Saturday, March 25, 2006

K2 Klass on 3-25-06




Today I taught a class at K2 Scrapbook Studio on altered wine canisters.
It all started when I was working on some projects for a book I am being published in called "Great Gift Ideas using Scrapbooking Materials". I found this great paper mache wine canister at Wal-mart and just knew I could make something really fun with it. It sat on my shelf of "ready to be altered" projects for months until I got inspired one day. I happened to be looking through my Lil Davis papers when I ran across the one that looks like olives and I just thought "perfect" my girlfriend who LOVES cappucino martinis would really appreciate getting this canister for her birthday with a bottle of vodka in it... That just started the ball rolling and the ideas never stoped. The problem was I couldn't find the plain paper mache canisters anymore. Now I have to use ones that are prefinished, but I cover them all anyway (it just may take a couple extra layers of paint).

I will be teaching more classes at K2, I will keep you posted. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, Nikki! The pictures come across beautifully. Looking forward to whatever you may come up with next!
jeanine