Friday, August 19, 2011

play dough (home made)

Recipe for home made play dough (makes 5-6 cups/colors):
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups salt
3 cups water
2 tbs canola oil
1 tbs cream of tartar
food coloring (I used gel)

 
Gather supplies.

Combine in pot (except for food coloring).

Heat ingredients on medium/low (#4 on my glass top stove). Stirring occasionally for approx 10 min.

Heat/Stir until your dough looks like this.

I took approx one cup out at a time, and kneaded gel food coloring in (WITH GLOVES ON!) till I got the color I wanted.

First off, let me say that I got this idea and recipe from Art Nest. I made a double batch so I could have closer to 6 cups/colors of dough...since my kids love playing with play dough. It was really fun and easy to make...I am sure this will not be the last batch I make.
xoxo

Posted by Picasa

No comments: