Friday, February 11, 2011

Red Velvet Cake Balls/Pops


Bake cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan. Cool.
Crumble cake into a large mixing bowl.
Add can of cream cheese frosting.
Mix well. Chill in fridge for a couple of hours.
Roll into balls and chill in fridge for at least 3 or 4 hours.
Stick in lollipop stick and dip in white chocolate.
My tray of cake pops..didnt have any styrofoam to stick them in to dry (which would prevent the flat side mine will have).
My finished cake balls. Some dipped in white chocolate, some in semi-sweet chocolate and then both drizzled with more white chocolate.

I must preface this by saying...this is NOT my idea, but who cares I just LOVE it anyway! I want to give credit, where credit is due... Bakerella is where I first saw these cake ball/pops and she has PERFECTED the way to make them. If you want this exact recipe from her site, click here.  On the other hand, me... not so much.  I was good until the rolling of the "red" balls into the "white" chocolate...I ended up with quite a mess...but I figured out that I did not chill them long enough. Thankfully I only did 15 and stopped. After chilling for a couple more hours and deciding that maybe I should try semi- sweet chocolate, it worked much better. I left the pops in the fridge for even longer because I really did want to make those with white chocolate. That was the trick! If your balls are not chilled enough they will fall apart in the melted chocolate.Once chilled they dip beautifully! Thanks Bakerella for making my girlfriends birthday as well as my hubby's Valentines Day.
xoxo

2 comments:

Haley's Hopechest said...

Yum! I love to bake but usually don't because I have zero willpower. I'm saving this idea though for a special occasion. Hmmm...Presidents Day is coming up... =0)

Lori @ P.M. Photographic said...

MMMMM!I like your balls idea!What a great way for the kidos to take one to enjoy. Great idea for little hands. :)
Lori