Friday, March 02, 2007

Random thoughts

...about how much I love Anna Maria Island (AMI). There is nothing I do not like about this quaint little island. When we arrive (its a girlfriend destination at least once a year) we put on our bikinis, leave our cars parked and hop on our bicycles. We usually shop at the antique stores, have a drink at a few of the local pubs and dance the night away listening to our favorite band Dr. Dave at D Coy Ducks (a local hangout on AMI). The next day we relax by the pool, take uninterruped naps, eat whenever we want to...it is truly paradise.
We started this tradition 7 years ago, right before my wedding. I wanted to spend a whole weekend with my girlfriends rather than one night out on the town. Well, after spending 2 nights on AMI at the Anna Maria Motel we were all hooked.
I can not wait till we go out there this year. We are going out there in 2 weeks (not the girls) the family. It will be fun, but not the same...
Nikki

1 comment:

mama j said...

Sounds FUN and NICE! I know, we don't take advantage of what's at our "finger tips" here in the area...we've got to though!

Been thinking about you--is your 1/2 marathon today or tomorrow? Let me know how you did/felt/ran.

Have a great one!