Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Back to Basics






I was reading through my past AEzine (Ali Edwards) newsletters to just take a break from scrappin and to get some direction on which project to start next. Well, a couple weeks back Ali challenged us to scrap a LO using only our "essentials". I sat down and really thought about what my essentials are for making a LO (minus any tools): cardstock, pens, a stamp (and inks), and patterned paper. There is not much more that I would feel is "essential". The next day I was flipping through all my photos to be scrapped and ran across our "home" photos. They are photos I have been collecting in a pile since we moved in. They timeline our demolition, renovations and change of decorations over the last 6 years. They are photos that I know Sean would love to look at over and over (mainly because he did all the work). He did an AMAZING job on every project he tackled too. I remembered the challenge and thought these would be the perfect photos to make into a mini album using my "essentials". What a perfect Valentine gift for Sean too.
My friend Cathy C. gave me a 2 ringed mini album with black paper, and that is what I decided would be the perfect start of my Valentine's project.
The pages turned out even simpler than planned. I punched a partial circle out of each photo then drew dots in that circle. (i wanted to do something throughout the entire album to keep a nice flow throughout)I journaled using my white pen on the black pages, and my black photo signature on the actual photos. I embellished the cover and I think that was about it. The album turned out to be 29 pages (about 62 photos). TFL
Happy Valentines Day Sean.
I Love You-Nikki

1 comment:

mama j said...

LOVE the simplicity of this and will most definetly STEAL your circle punch idea...very creative! So, did he like it? I wanted to make Dana one of the transparencies "love notes" but thought he'd be like "ANOTHER scrap gift?" So, he got nothing! LOL!

Hope you have a Happy Day too!