Thursday, January 18, 2007

new shoes

...i hate breaking in new running shoes. I guess that is why I have been an Adidas follower from the first slip of my foot into their shoes. You do not have to break them in- ever!!! Yesterday I had a limited amount of time, and went to my favorite store for sneakers. Well, they were out of Adidas, (how can you be OUT of Adidas)!!! Needless to say I was VERY disapointed. I did not have time to go anywhere else and I had a run this morning. I bought a pair of Nike's. I wore them around yesterday and practically got a blister from just walking, Yikes. So this morning armed with band aids and socks that are higher than I like I went for a 5 mile run. Happy to say, NO BLISTERS! These babies need to be broken in before my 15K Gasparilla run February 17th. They are pretty cute though (love the pink on them).
Nikki

2 comments:

mama j said...

How'd you feel running today? Was that your first "big" run since B. was born?

I'm loving New Balance...and b/c of a sprain and aircast brace, I'm living in mine right now....been thinking about getting a new pair of something soon, as I'm getting to the gym a lot now....haven't worn Adidas in years.....

15K--wow....that's almost 1/2 marathon, right? And you're doing that too, in March? Crazy Mama! LOL!

Jess <><

Vicky said...

I like the pink on them too, and i have to say that I envy you that you go running. I wish I didn't feel like I would die everytime I try to run,lol.