Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pillowcase purses

Over the shoulder tie purse/bag.

Long Handle bag.

I saw some cute pillowcase purse/bag tutorials on pinterest and thought they would be fun to make for each of my girlfriends for our upcoming girls weekend in September/October. I swung by Goodwill on my way home last night and found out they sell pillowcases for .98 cents apiece. I bought two to experiment with. I found the adorable and easy tutorials here on Sweet Charli blog for the tie over the sholder bag and here on Spider Woman Knits blog for the long handled bag (she made hers with 2 handles, but I like one longer handle for over the shoulder). I was able to make each bag in about an hour... the over the shoulder tie bag is definately more finished looking bag...the other one is more plain (but still perfect as a reusable grocery tote or roomy beach bag).
xoxo

Posted by Picasa

No comments: