Thursday, July 26, 2007

My "Best Life"

I have been reading "The Best Life Diet" by Bob Greene and loving it. It really teaches solid principles that you can follow for the rest of your life. During Phase 1 (four weeks) you: increase your activity level, stop eating at least 2 hours before bed time, eat three meals including breakfast and one snack daily (he gives some good ideas for healthy snacks), drink water (48 ozs), eliminate alcohol, and take a daily supplement. You don't change what or how much you eat in this phase you just start establishing healthy practices and get your metabolism in prime condition for phase two (the weight loss phase). He also has you weigh in at the beginning of the month and not again till the end of your four weeks (mainly due to the big fluxuations in water weight).
Phase two (lasts until you are at your goal weight) builds on the changes you made in phase one and also incorporates these changes: increase you activity level again, understanding your physical and emotional reasons for your hunger , use the hunger scale, eat reasonable portions and remove six empty or problem foods from your diet. During this phase you weigh in weekly.
I have really enjoyed adding some of these healthy habits I was missing in my life. I will keep you posted on my progress.
Nikki

No comments: