Thursday, August 31, 2006
This is for all of you that do not like your handwriting...
I thought of a cute way to practice and also start a practical mini book.
Go out and buy (or make) a little journal and each day, write one quote in it.
I found a really cool 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, 3 ring binder made by We R Memory Keepers (it is great because I can cut an 81/2 x 11 paper in half!)
Here are some cool quote sites:
Here are Some Handwriting Ideas that I use:
1. Practice looking at someones writing that you like and copy it. I like to copy one letter at a time. So when I see a cool "w" that I love, i practice incorporating that into my everyday handwriting. That way when it comes time to journal, it will feel more natural.
2. Always write in pencil first
3. Try writing slower (and with more intention)
4. Practice, Practice, Practice
5. Copy over your handwriting a couple of times, making some lines thicker and some thiner (you wouldn't believe how much this changes how a word/title looks)
6. After you write the inital word(s) or title you can go back and add loops and swirls to some of the ends of your letters.
I also use my journal to doodle in. I can usually fit more than one quote to a page, so I doodle in between. I practice all different lines, swirls, flowers, stars, hearts, you get the idea!!!
When your journal is complete you will have better handwriting and a great little book of quotes!
Quote: ...do not put off till tomorrow, what you can do today! ~earl of chesterfield~
Dream, Design, Create!