Sunday, June 25, 2006

Junkitz, Junkitz and more Junkitz

I have been wanting to do a LO of my brothers wedding for a while now. I found this Junkitz paper and it matched the color of our bridesmaids dresses. So I cut the dress and sewed it onto a piece of black cardstock making it into a pocket. I sewed the photo to the papers then pinned the 2 pieces of paper to the fabric/cardstock. I stamped a foam heart 3 times using a watermark pad. I punched holes around the design and hand stitched around the 3 hearts. I wrote on the page using a white pen (you can get them at K2). I had some other photos that Lori had given to me, in a black folder which I added some patterned paper and ribbon to and used that to hold my extra photos and a place to journal. The binder clip on the page says "look what I did" so my journaling in response was:
Yeah, look what you did. You married my brother. (wow my little brother is married) Actually I couldn't be happier for the two of you. I am so excited to finally have a sister (especially one that shares the same love for scrapbooking ad photography that I do). You both compliment each others personality so well, you are a perfect match. I love you both very much
-open folder to view more photos of Ryan and Lori's perfect day
love, Nikki


Our Destination: the Florida Keys
This LO was so much fun to do. I had been wanting to scrapbook this trip, but all the picts and stuff were sitting in a bag for the last year... I didn't know what to do with it all. I saw this wavy Junkitz paper and the LO was born. I had fun finding ephemera to use as my letter "O"'s in both the words "our" and "Florida". I was so happy to find the keys in my supplies to use as a substitute for the word "Keys", it just made the page.



I had a lot of fun making this LO too. I cut 12 3x3 inch squares and adhered them down to a piece of cardstock. I then sewed up the 3 vertical lines using a "whip"? stitch (sorry I do not know the names of my stitches too well), then I cross stitched the horizontal lines. I cut the end of the tag with a pinking shears as well as the ribbon. I inked the edges of the tag using purple and red ink. I cut out a paisley from Janna's paper adhered it to the tag, stitched 3 cross stitches on it and wrote my journaling. (the page would be quick and easy if you didn't sew, but I have to say the sewing gives it a really "finished" look)

2 comments:

Kim Bolyard said...

Great layouts love the one with all the squares. have a safe trip and lets get together when you get back. (you have to come to Margie's class)

peace
kim

K2 Scrapbook Studio said...

Great layout Nikki...let me know if you want to come to Margie and I'll hold a spot for you! the girls from Ruban Rouge are all coming down for the day too! Karen