Sunday, September 29, 2013

Quinoa loaded with nutritious yumminess

 
my delish quinoa for the week...added #nonGMO #edemame #rawpumpkinseeds #lowsugarcraisins a little #evoo and seasoned with my @spiceislands #rosemarygarlicblend ground coursely...its delish...served with baked #tilapia and steamed #broccoli and #cauliflower by @nikkiclearypta
I make one batch of quinoa for the week. I use 1/4 cup portions on my salads, in stir fry's and as a side dish.

2 cups water, bring to boil
add 1 cup quinoa
(cook on low for 20 min or until all water is absorbed)
Add about 1 tbs blood orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1/2 cup steamed, non GMO edemame
1/2 cup peppitas (pumpkin seeds)
1/4 cup low sugar craisins
season to taste with
a pinch of cinnamon
a couple grinds of rosemary garlic blend (above)

I look forward to this delicious treat all week!


No comments: